From East to West,
Four Regional Fall Gatherings in October
It's when a lot of us realize we are part of a national movement of like-minded people, from coast to coast — and that the congregation we call home is part of a community of congregations, with shared experiences, songs, traditions, values, commitments and needs.
Each of CUC's four regions is hosting a Fall Gathering in October. Fredericton, Peterborough, Edmonton, Kelowna — these gatherings are a unique opportunity to celebrate, network and learn with fellow UUs from your home region.
Teams of volunteers from all four host communities, and CUC staff, have been working to bring you great weekend programs in each location. All four gatherings include a Youth Con.
Click the link for your region below for details. Join us, especially if you have never been. It will change the way you feel about your religion.
EASTERN: Fredericton, October 14-16
CENTRAL: Peterborough, October 21-23
WESTERN: Edmonton, October 14-16
B.C.: Kelowna, October 21-23
Taking the Environment to Heart:
Vancouver Unitarians Launch a Farmers’ Market
“And without missing a beat, she replied: ‘Start eating locally grown organic food’.”
Since then, that advice has been taking root, and this season it came into fruition. On June 1st, the Unitarian Church of Vancouver launched a weekly, organic, all-local farmers’ market …
Other Stories in this Issue:
- Ministers Speak Out on Health Care
- Peterborough Celebrates 50 Years
- Lakeshore Holds Re-Dedication Ceremony
- NorthWest: A Welcoming Congregation
- Northern Lights is Underway
- Winnipeg Leads Multifaith 9/11 Remembrance
- UUs on Campus: Campus Ministry at UVic
- Come and Build a School in Honduras
- Guelph Installs Solar Panels
- UU Trip to Transylvania in June 2012
- Summer Issue of The Canadian Unitarian
- Ontario’s “Faith to End Poverty” Campaign
- USC Canada's Run for Biodiversity
- Hand-Knit Rainbow Scarves from Lakehead